Where to Find Me

Monday, September 30, 2013

Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong


(Kathryn Hollinrake)    
     I admitted in my first blog that I am a big fan of Kelley Armstrong. I have many of her books, but unfortunately, it has taken me awhile to get to them because of other books I have received before this book, and then I had school, I was able to finally pick up. And then it took a month for me to put up the blog about it lol.

     Ok, so now I have got you up to speed on why it has taken me a while to pick it up, let's talk
about it shall we?

       Paige Winterbourne is back in her second book, Industrial Magic (a sequel to Dime Store Magic). Along with Paige, there is Savannah who Paige has been taking care of since her and Elena tagged team to get the preteen and themselves out of a so-called-dungeon of torture (just getting you guys caught up). In Dime Store Magic, you are also introduced to Lucas, who is Paige's main squeeze.  Ok, now that I got you caught up, lets get into the book. 

    Teenagers are missing all over the U.S. There  is one in Florida, one in Modesto (which is 45 minutes away from me so of course, I was all excited), and some other areas, just scattered around. Well, the one thing that these teenagers have in common is that they are part of the Cabals. The Cabals are almost like a Mafia. I know right? Ruthless. Well, Lucas' family is part of the Cabals and he was determined not to join. But his father Benicio is going through great lengths just to get Lucas and Paige to help find the person who is doing all of this. They are not the only ones who are brought into this either. There is a famous psychic who talks to the victims, a vampire with a bad attitude, werewolves that are a part of Elena's pack (Troy is divine by the way), and others. This book is just crazy.

    I have to admit, this book was kind of slow to get into, but after a while, it started to get really interesting, especially when they started bringing in more people, people with different personalities and . . . species. When you mix all of these people together it gets really interesting, which I cannot tell you because it will actually give away the ending, and that is my rule, I do not hint the end . . . 

     I have always loved Kelley Armstrong's way of writing, and especially when each book jumps from character to character, but also the books in between the characters, blend them together. This is only book #3, and I have a long ways to go, but I am a dedicated reader so I am really curious on how the characters come along in the future. SSSSHHHHHHH DON'T TELL ME!!!! I like to stay surprised!!!

    Overall, I really loved the book, it is different just like my other series that I have collected over the years, which makes it that much more special. It is not like all the other books that I have, and that is why I love her and her books. You get to know the characters and fall in love with them. There is violence, love, mystery, suspense, fantasy, all in one book. Dare you try it? 

     Have you read her books lately?

     Here are her links to get more information on the Otherworld series, as well as other series that she has written:

     Her official website http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com

     Her Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/KelleyArmstrongAuthor 

     Her Twitter https://twitter.com/kelleyarmstrong

 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment